Q. During COVID, do I have access to electronic study aids?
- The Law Library has subscribed to the West Academic Study Aids platform for the 2020-2021 academic year. The West Academic study aids platform includes Nutshells, Concepts & Insights, the Law Stories series, Hornbooks, Gilbert Law Summaries, Sum & Substance, and several others.
There are two ways to access this platform:
Option 1 – Go to West Academic through the Law Library’s catalog. You will be prompted to sign-in with your Georgetown NetID and password. If you would like to take notes, highlight, and download titles for offline access, you will need to sign-in using a West Academic account (Option 2).
Option 2 – Login with a West Academic account. To create or use an existing West Academic account, please do the following:
Go to West Academic. Click ‘Create an Account’ in the upper right-hand corner and follow the prompts. Be sure to verify your Georgetown email address from the confirmation email that West Academic sends to you.
OR If you already have a West Academic account, click ‘Sign-in’ and verify your Georgetown email address.
- Westlaw is currently offering (limited) Quimbee resources Westlaw's Law School Survival Guide. This does not include case briefs or study aids, but the following:
- The Preparation Marathon
- The Five Traits of Highly Successful Law Students
- Catching Up When You're Behind
- Reading Cases like a Rock Star
- Briefing Cases Efficiently
- Using Class Time Effectively
- Outlining to Win
- Spotting the Issues
- The CREAC Format
- Surviving Exam Season
- Sample Brief – International Shoe Co v. Washington
- MPRE, MBE, MEE, and MPT Strategy Guides
- CALI provides hundreds of interactive legal instructional lessons on topics from contracts to torts. New students will receive an email from the Law Library during Orientation with a registration code. Students who do not receive a code or need a new one should go to CALI Lessons for Students.