Q. How do I get a book from main campus? How do I get a book from a consortium library? How do I place a CLS request?


You may submit a consortium request by first finding the book via a WRLC (Georgetown U. + Consortium) search through our library catalog. Once you find a consortium owned material that you wish to have routed to the Law Library, log into the library catalog with your GULC NetID and Password, and click on "Request From a Local Academic Library" under How to Get It. Complete the form and Send Request once done. Your request will be randomly issued to a library to fill.

Request from a Local Academic Library

If you want to borrow the copy held at a specific library, e.g. main campus, then in the catalog record, click on the right facing bracket for that school, such as the one for Georgetown University in the example below. Once that library's holdings appear, click on either "Request" or "Chapter/Article Request," complete the form and Send Request once done. Your request will be directed to that library to process.

Right facing bracket for Georgetown University library

Request options for item held by consortium library

For policy questions about consortium loan service, please contact our Circulation Desk: 202-662-9131.

Note that most law libraries belonging to consortium schools do not lend through this service. If you find a book that is only owned by a consortium law library, you may borrow the title through Interlibrary Loan service. ILL policies may be found on our website.

  • Last Updated Jan 27, 2020
  • Views 84
  • Answered By Erie Taniuchi

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0