Q. Is the library open to the public?
The Georgetown Law Library is not open to the public. Georgetown Law Library is open to:
- current Georgetown University students, faculty, and staff;
- Georgetown Law alumni;
- members of the Law Library's Friends of the Library program;
- members of the Law Library's Public Patron Program;
- pre-authorized Visiting Scholars and Visiting Researchers; and
- current students and faculty of other law schools with a valid law school ID.
Members of these groups should bring appropriate identification when they come to the Library. Only current Georgetown University students, faculty, and staff have borrowing privileges.
Our Special Collections department is open to all by appointment, please contact them directly.